Kodsi Engineering is seeking a Structural Engineer and Fire Investigator to join our team.
- Perform fire investigations related to residential/commercial properties to determine the origin and cause of a fire.
- Conduct structural failure investigations of buildings and structures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage assignments efficiently to preserve evidence and provide clear communication with client throughout investigations.
- Perform site examinations relating to failure/collapse of residential/commercial structures to assess causation.
- Conduct site examinations to assess damage resulting from fire, flood, wind, and other structural collapses and determine appropriate repair work.
- Conduct residential/commercial fire investigations to determine the origin and cause.
- Preserve and document physical evidence efficiently through accurate measurements, photographs, and notes.
- Compare site measurements with relevant codes/standards to determine if they comply.
- Prepare high quality written reports, along with peer review, on time and within budget.
- Provide litigation support and serves as an expert witness as required.
- Travel within the province, and on occasion outside the province.
- Assist in developing and growing client base.
- Participation in industry events and educational seminars.
- Perform additional duties as required.
Credentials & Experience
- 5+ years in fire and structural investigations.
- Degree in Civil/Structural or Electrical Engineering (P. Eng preferred).
- Certified Fire & Explosion Investigator (C.F.E.I.).
- Experience in the Forensic Investigations Industry.
- Familiar with automotive mechanical or electrical mechanisms that can result in a fire.
Competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications.
Head Office Location:Mississauga, ON
Kodsi Engineering is an equal opportunity employer
Kodsi Engineering is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors.
Kodsi Engineering welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this position, please send the following to us at this email address:
- Your resume
- A link to your LinkedIn profile
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those with the appropriate professional and educational profiles shall be contacted.